Copycat Chocolate Hostess Cupcakes
When it comes to nostalgic treats, Hostess Cupcakes are definitely amongst our top five. Instead of revisiting actual Hostess Cupcakes, we decided to make our own with our Organic Chocolate Cake Mix and Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Just like the classic Hostess Cupcake, these chocolate cupcakes are fluffy, filled with dollops of cream and topped with fudge and the signature white swirl.
In our humble opinions, these cupcakes are better than Hostess Cupcakes because they’re delightfully chocolate-y and nostalgic, but free of preservatives and chemicals. Using our mixes and frostings made this recipe so easy to make and cleaning up was a breeze. Simply put, we are now obsessed!
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 7.2 oz jar King’s Cupboard Organic chocolate hot fudge sauce
- 1 jar Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake tray with liners.
- Mix together Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix, melted butter, milk and eggs until combined.
- Fill cupcake tray ⅔ full with batter. Bake for 14-18 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Use a knife for a piping tip to make a hole in the middle of each cupcake. Fill a piping bag with Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and pipe frosting into each cupcake to fill the holes. Use a finger or spatula to smooth the tops of the cupcakes.
- Spoon fudge into a ramekin and microwave in 10 second increments until completely melted. Dip each cupcake into the fudge to completely coat the tops. Set aside to set.
- Once the fudge is set, pipe a swirl across the cupcake tops. Enjoy!