Chocolate Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
When Summer turns to Fall, we take every excuse to incorporate pumpkin into our lives. From pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin spice latte cupcakes to perfect pumpkin tartlets, we will take anything and everything pumpkin! Turns out, adding fall flavors into our recipes is super easy. This Chocolate Pumpkin Whoopie Pie recipe using our Organic Chocolate Cake Mix and Organic Cream Cheese Frosting is the perfect thing to bake when you’re craving pumpkin and short on time.
We love these whoopie pies because they’re soft, chocolatey and lightly spiced with pumpkin and cinnamon. This recipe is so easy and tastes just like fall! They make us want to curl up in a chunky sweater, with a good book and a steaming mug of tea.
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup + 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup Miss Jones Organic Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 heaping tablespoon pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer (fitted with a paddle attachment), combine Organic Chocolate Cake Mix, eggs and oil. Mix at a low- med speed until everything is combined and a dough begins to form.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll into balls. Place dough balls on prepared cookie sheet and flatten with fingertips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will puff up slightly. Transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine Organic Cream Cheese Frosting, pumpkin puree and cinnamon in a bowl of a stand mixer (fitted with a whisk attachment). Mix on med-high speed until frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting on half of the cookies and top with the remaining cookies. This recipe makes about 9 whoopie pies.