Chocolate Cake Waffles
Obviously we’re huge fans of cake for breakfast, and this easy-to-make chocolate cake waffles recipe is our go-to when we’re craving an incredible AM treat! Mornings just got a whole lot tastier! The best part about these waffles is that you can get pretty wild with toppings and mix-ins—we recommend experimenting with fresh fruit, chocolate chips, nuts, coconut flakes, sprinkles, honey, frosting, jam… whatever you’re feelin’ for brunch. These waffles are so fun to bake up, and they’re a great recipe for kids to get creative with in the kitchen.
If you’re looking for a treat to make Mom’s day, this is the one!
- 3 eggs or flax eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk or plant-based milk
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
- Raspberry jam (heated up)
- Whipping cream
- Mini white chocolate chips
- Warm up waffle iron using a medium-heat setting.
- Lightly coat heated waffle iron with organic nonstick cooking spray,
- Combine eggs, butter, milk and mix in a large bowl, stirring until smooth. Scoop out 1 cup of prepared mix per waffle, and cook until edges are crispy and waffle comes out clean.
- We dropped mini white chocolate chips into our mix, and warmed up raspberry jam to drizzle on our waffles… before topping them with fresh whipped cream. If you come up with a really amazing waffle hack, don’t forget to share it with @missjonesbakes and #madewithmissjones!
- These waffles can easily be made vegan using oil, water and flax eggs.
- Don’t skip the cooking spray, especially if you’ve added anything to your mix!