Carrot Spice Cake
We love baking for the whole crew, and this super-delicious cake mix hack is a definite crowd pleaser. With just 4 extra ingredients, you can whip up this moist, spicy carrot cake according to our conventional directions on the box, or even as a vegan-friendly treat.
Top ‘em off with Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, a dusting of cinnamon or a small pinch of carrot!
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground clove
- 1 teaspoon organic ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon organic ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded organic carrot
- 1 jar Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners or grease and flour or line cake pans with parchment paper. We especially like making this cake in three 8″ round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and spices until evenly combined. Add wet ingredients, stirring for 1-2 mins or until smooth. Fold in shredded carrot.
- Bake according to directions on box for cupcakes or mini cupcakes. For three 8″ round pans, bake for 18-20 minutes.
- We baked mini cupcakes and topped ‘em off with Miss Jones Organic Buttercream frosting.
- You can use a grater or a large microplane for perfect shredded carrots, but be extra careful!
- This recipe can be made vegan-friendly using egg substitute, oil and water (or coconut milk).