Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake With Vanilla Glaze
This Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake recipe is easy as Sunday morning! Moist and delicious, this coffee cake has a middle layer of dark cinnamon sugar fill and topped with a crumbly streusel and a light vanilla glaze. This recipe is our latest brunch obsession. There is nothing like enjoying a warm slice of this Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake with some tea or coffee in the morning before the day kicks in.
This recipe is super simple to make because it uses our Organic Vanilla Cake Mix. Our baking mixes are made with only the best ingredients and promises a lovely, from-scratch test every time. It’s the perfect thing to have over the weekend or during the holidays. We say we enjoyed it for brunch, but in actuality, we also enjoyed some for snack and after-dinner dessert!
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 9 tablespoons softened butter
- 2/3 cup +1/2 cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Vanilla Cinnamon Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients for streusel, until butter and flour is completely incorporated and mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the cake, whisk together all the wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Add cake mix and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour a 1/3 of the batter into the bottom of the pan, just covering the bottom in a thin layer. Top with half the streusel mixture. Top that with the remaining batter, making sure to cover the streusel completely. Top with the remaining streusel. Bake at 350F for 40-45 min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Make the glaze once you pull the cake out of the oven. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Enjoy!