Even Queen Bey herself would go crazy in love over these Lemonade Donuts. With Memorial Day weekend coming up, lay claim to the dessert table at your BBQ with these sweet little guys for an easy summer win. So pretty and so poppable. Top them off with some sweet candied lemon twists for that extra wow factor.
- 1/2 cup milk or plant-based milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil or butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: candied lemon zest for garnish
- Donut maker
Appliances you will need
- Whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, lemon zest and juice, and cake mix in a large bowl until smooth.
- Preheat donut maker. Fill molds to the top with donut batter and close lid. Bake for 3 1/2-4 minutes, or until donuts are golden brown. Use a small spatula or fork to remove finished donuts from the donut maker, and set on a plate or rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, add in powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest. Stir until fully combined.
- Dip cooled donuts into icing. Sprinkle with candied lemon peel and place on a sheet pan or rack to harden.
- One side of each donuts will be golden brown, and the other side will be cake- white. We made the golden brown side the “top” side of our muffin, for easier dipping.
Leave a comment