Get ready to say “Olé”, because these delicious churro cupcakes will make every Cinco De Mayo fiesta complete! These cupcakes are made with our Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix with some cinnamon whisked it and then brushed with a sugar cinnamon top once baked. They’re perfectly sweet, soft, and oh so good. Because they use our Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix and Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, you can easily bake them up in record time! For cupcakes this tasty, it’s amazing how simple they are to make.
These churro cupcakes’ cinnamon sugar flavor are the perfect complement to addition to a spread of tacos and margaritas. What’s better than a taco with a churro? A taco with a churro cupcake! They are also super easy to make vegan or dairy-free—just follow the alternative instructions on the packaging and, as always, our frosting is gluten and dairy-free.
- Cupcakes 1 box Miss Jones Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, for brushing cinnamon-sugar, for sprinkling
- 2 tubs Miss Jones Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- cinnamon-sugar, for sprinkling baked churros or churro chips, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F and line two muffin pans with 18 liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, eggs, milk, 1/2 cup melted butter, and cinnamon just until evenly combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divided batter evenly between liners, filling each about halfway full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven. Brush with the remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Let cool completely before frosting.
Frosting and Topping
- Place frosting in a large bowl and mix or beat the cinnamon in until fully combined.
- Frost cupcakes with a spatula or piping bag. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and garnish as desired.