The changing colors of the leaves, cooler temperatures and hoodies calling our names—it must be Fall! This scrumptious Dutch Apple Pie Mini Cake recipe is guilt-free and vegan! Want to know the best part?! At Miss Jones Baking Company, all of our high quality ingredients are organic. So, it was a easy move to skip the dairy for a modern, healthier twist on this traditional, all-American apple pie recipe.
Our Vegan Dutch Apple Pie Mini Cakes have a perfectly cooked apple filling and crunchy crumble topping made from our Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, coarsely chopped pecans and some granola. Is there anything better for dessert than warm apple pie with ice-cream on top?! We suggest pairing this crowd-pleasing favorite with a dollop of whipped coconut cream or your favorite plant-based ice cream!
For more things sugar, spice and everything nice, try our gooey Caramel Apple Bars. Or for pumpkin everything, we highly recommend trying our Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins and the Perfect Pumpkin Tartlet. Now it’s time to embrace this crisp apple season and bake up this deliciously classic Dutch Apple Pie Mini Cake
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix (reserve ½ cup)
- 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons ground flax meal and 9 tbsp warm water)
- 6 tablespoon refined coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can of organic apple pie filling
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans/walnuts
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup granola
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl, make 3 flax eggs (combine 3 tbsp ground flax meal and 9 tbsp warm water; stir together and let sit for 15 min until the mixture becomes a thick gel). In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flax mixture, melted coconut oil and almond milk until combined.
- Remove ½ cup of Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix from pouch and set aside for later. Add remaining cake mix and cinnamon to wet ingredients and stir until fully incorporated.
- Grease six 6-ounce ramekins and fill with the cake batter. Set aside.
- In bowl add remaining 1/2 cup cake mix, granola and 2 tbsp melted refined coconut oil. Mix until a uniform crumble is achieved.
- Next, gently spoon apple filling onto top of cake batter.
- Sprinkled with nuts and cake batter crumble mixture. Dust with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for 30-40 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove and let cool.
- Serve with a dollop of whip cream or your favorite plant-based or coconut-based ice cream!