Spooky Secret Cupcakes
Trick or treat? More like tricks AND treats.
This Halloween, we teamed up with our friends at Little Secrets to create a candy-filled cupcake hack with a twist. Simply bake up some of our delicious organic chocolate cupcakes, remove the core and replace with a handful of candy pieces. A swirl of Miss Jones’ creamy, organic Vanilla Frosting (and some crushed candy on top) keeps this sweet surprise a secret ’til the first bite.
This is one simple, spooky, organic treat that’s perfect for creepin’ it real.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix up water, oil, eggs and chocolate cake mix until fully combined.
- Pour batter into a lined 6-cup muffin pan, filling each cup about halfway and baking for 22-25 minutes, or until tops are springy to the touch.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and set aside for 30-45 minutes to cool. Once completely cooled, use a ring cutter to remove cupcake centers, then fill with candy gems and add a generous twist of frosting. We sprinkled some candy bits on top to hint at what’s waiting inside.
- We sprinkled some candy bits on top to hint at what’s waiting inside.
- Vegan bakers can substitute flax egg to make this treat.
- We used a 1” ring cutter to remove the center of our jumbo cupcakes. If you’re baking smaller cupcakes, you can use the sharp side of a frosting tip to core your cupcake.