Naturally Dyed Red Velvet Bundt Cake With Cream Cheese Glaze
At Miss Jones Baking Co., we believe red velvet cake should be eaten year round, but especially during the holidays. The festive bright red color of the cake against the bright white cream cheese glaze makes this dessert even more delicious at Christmastime. We created a Valentine’s Day Red Velvet Layer Cake recipe with our Organic Vanilla Cake Mix and pureed beets, but since the holidays are always a busy time, we decided to make a simpler version with Color Kitchen Natural Red Food Coloring. This Red Velvet Cake is rich, smooth, delicious, and so incredibly easy.
This recipe makes a deep red cake with only natural colors. Color Kitchen’s Natural Red Food Coloring is made from vegan, non-GMO, and all natural ingredients and works beautifully with Miss Jones Baking Mixes and Frostings. This Red Velvet Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze will take less than an hour to make, but is a dessert worthy of the fanciest holiday parties.
Pro tip: For a taller, more show-stopping cake, double this recipe.
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 package Color Kitchen Natural Red Food Coloring
- ½ cup milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk or planted-based milk
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray bundt pan with oil.
- Whisk together Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, Color Kitchen Natural Red Food Coloring, and cocoa powder. Add in eggs, butter, and milk and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Invert cake from pan.
- Make the cream cheese glaze by beating together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. Pour over cooled, inverted cake.