One-Bowl Cookie Butter Gooey Butter Bars
Ooey Gooey Butter Bars is one of Miss Jones Baking Co.’s CEO, Sarah Jones, all-time favorite desserts. We love making it here at the HQ with our Organic Vanilla Cake Mix. Our Cake Mix Ooey Gooey Butter Bar recipe is easy to make and super soft and lucious. Today, we’re put a little spin on our recipe by swirling in some warmed up cookie butter into the batter. This addition makes the bars wonderfully indulgent and the perfect thing to bake on cozy evening in.
These Cookie Butter Gooey Butter Bars uses our Organic Vanilla Cake Mix and only one bowl to mix everything up, making the baking and cleaning process as easy as can be! This low-maintenance recipe is one you’ll want to make again and again.
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup cookie butter
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease and line 9×9 square pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, butter and 1 egg until fully combined. Press batter to the bottom of pan in an even layer.
- In the same bowl, beat together remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Pour evenly over cake layer.
- Warm cookie butter in microwave for 10 second intervals until melted. Add dollops of cookie butter to cream cheese layer and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center appears set but still soft. Cool and slice into bars.