Magical Lisa Frank-Inspired Butter Bars
All hail Lisa Frank! Any child of the 90’s would agree that Lisa Frank, lover of rainbows, cuddly animals and over-the-top fabulousness, reigns supreme. For back-to-school season, we baked up a batch of Lisa Frank-inspired butter bars using our Organic Vanilla Cake Mix and Organic Confetti Pop Frosting. These bars make the ultimate after school treat!
Ms. Frank loves her rainbow colors, and it’s easy to emulate her vibrant color palette with natural food dyes. We love these bars because they’re organic, easy to make, delicious, and a throwback to our childhood days. Let’s get baking!
- Grease a 9×13 in pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. In a large bowl, using a whisk, mix together the butter, eggs and buttermilk.
- Fold the cake mixes into the butter mixture with a spatula until batter comes together. Transfer batter to baking pan and press down using a spatula or with your hands.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden. Cool completely.
- Divide frosting evenly between three small bowls. Add one drop of pink food coloring in the first bowl and mix well. Repeat the process for blue and purple, each in separate bowls. Place each colored frosting into individual sandwich bags. Cut off the corner of each bag.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap onto the counter. Pipe each color onto the plastic wrap, to form three vertical lines that are touching, making sure to use all of the frosting. Gently roll the plastic wrap together, creating one large roll. Place the large plastic wrap roll into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe frosting 1-2 inches apart, swirl together using an icing spatula or a spoon. Top with sprinkles and cut into squares. Enjoy!