Chocolate Peppermint Ooey Gooey Butter Bars
Miss Jones Baking Co.
Ooey Gooey Butter Bars are a favorite in the Miss Jones Baking Co. HQ and a childhood favorite of Sarah Jones herself! We love playing with different flavors and for the holidays, there’s nothing better than Chocolate Peppermint Ooey Gooey Butter Bars.
Like any good Ooey Gooey Butter Bar, these bars are soft, moist, rich and luscious. They are made of two layers: a gooey, creamy chocolate peppermint layer and a soft chocolate butter cookie layer. This recipe uses our Organic Chocolate Cake Mix and are so simple and easy to make. It takes minutes to prepare and only one bowl to mix up this special holiday treat. These bars are the perfect thing to serve at a holiday party and also makes a great gift to your favorite people. Let’s get baking!
- 1 box Miss Jones chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons of melted butter
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup crushed candy canes (10 mini candy canes)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and melted butter. Add cake mix and using a spatula, mix until dough comes together. Press into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld mixer, or an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add in eggs, cocoa powder and vanilla, mix until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Mix in melted butter. Fold in crushed candy canes. Pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, until top is golden. Let cool completely. Serve and enjoy!