Chewy and Soft Rainbow and Cloud Frosted Confetti Sugar Cookies
It’s really hard to look at these rainbow and cloud cookie are not smile. Go ahead, we dare you! Everything from it’s natural and organic ingredients to it’s soft and chewy texture makes this sugar cookie recipe a must-try. Although these cookies may look time-intensive, they’re actually easier than you would think. They use our Organic Confetti Pop Cookie Mix and Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, so you can whip them up in record time. After making our vibrant Rainbow Layer Cake with Color Kitchen’s powdered natural food dye, we had to use them again for these cookies. Color Kitchen’s natural food dyes mixes really well with our ready-to-use organic buttercream frosting and the colors are as bright and brilliant as can be!
Make these rainbow and cloud cookies on a weekend afternoon as a fun weekend activity. Trust us, these cookies will earn you major brownie points with anyone you share them with. They’re almost are too cute to eat, but also too tasty not to!
- 1 bag Miss Jones Organic Confetti Pop Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 5 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 jar Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Food coloring
- Piping bags and tips
- Rainbow and cloud cookie cutters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat together butter and egg. Add cookie mix and flour and mix until a dough forms. The mixer may be crumbly, so you may need to use your hands to form a dough.
- Flour a large surface and rolling pin and roll dough out to a ¼” thick slab. Use a rainbow cookie cutter and a cloud cookie cutter to cut our cookies. Place on a cookie sheet spaced at least 1.5” apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Divide the frosting into six bowls. Mix in food coloring to dye the frosting into rainbow colors. Leave one frosting white for the clouds.
- Fill piping bags with frosting and start piping arches on the rainbow cookies. We started with the smallest purple arch and piped outwards.
- Pipe white frosting around the edge of the cloud cookies and fill in the middle. Use a small spatula or spoon to create swirls.