Bourbon Chocolate Praline Sheet Cake
When it’s this wintery and cold out, all we really want is a nice, rich piece of chocolate cake. This Bourbon Chocolate Praline Sheet Cake is our shortcut take on one of our favorite Southern Living recipes. We make it easier by leveraging our Organic Chocolate Cake Mix and Frosting and only make the praline topping from scratch. If you love to bake and haven’t explored Southern Living, we highly recommend picking up some of their annual cookbooks. We consider them our baking and cooking bibles.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoon Wild Turkey bourbon
- 2 boxes Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 jar Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Frosting
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (toasted and chopped)
- Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour the sides and bottom of a half sheet pan or 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, milk, bourbon and Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix with until thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Pour batter in prepared baking sheet pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before topping with Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Frosting.
- Bring butter, brown sugar, and cream to a boil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Immediately and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add toasted pecans and stir for 3-6 minutes or until frosting begins to cool and thickens slightly. Immediately and carefully pour over cake, using a knife or spatula to gently spread mixture to the edges . Let cool completely before serving.