Amazing Poppyseed Cake
Amazing Poppyseed Cake made with Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix.
Sometimes you need a cake that looks, feels and tastes extra-special… and there’s no shame in taking a few shortcuts to get there. We baked up this quick, elegant twist on our favorite pound cake recipe for Mother’s Day, ’cause it’s a simple, truly unforgettable treat that can be ready to go in less than an hour.
And we figured out that bundt cakes are especially perfect for displaying small bouquets of flowers, so we basically went all the way and topped ours with some GORGEOUS locally grown peonies (hey, ’tis the season).
This cake’s practically perfect in every way, and we can’t wait to bake it again!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 cup poppyseeds
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1 box Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- Small bouquet of your favorite flowers (bonus round!)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, almond extract and butter. Add in Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix and poppy seeds, stirring until well combined.
- Use nonstick cooking spray or butter to grease and flour your bundt pan. Pour batter into pan, then pick up and drop pan on the counter a few times to even things out.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until top is a dark golden brown and the center bounces back when lightly touched.
- Let cake cool completely on rack, then dust with powdered sugar and stash your flower vase in the center of the cake (a shot glass works like a charm!) Arrange flowers on top of cake.
- You can make this recipe vegan-friendly with coconut oil, water and flax eggs.
- Get creative with your toppings! We dusted ours with powdered sugar, but you could also sprinkle almond slices, cocoa powder or a drizzle of melted chocolate on top.